Sweet friend Aloe
Aloe vera which is called as searched heaven, wonders of plant, pharmacy of the villages, serves as most important ingredient in preparation of cosmetics. The siddha practitioners usually call it as ‘Kumari’ and the plant is basically originated from South African & Arabian Countries.
The plant is perennial and it is of fern’s type. It grows on well drained soils in the hot regions and in high altitudes it grows on fences. Aloe lives for many years and it grows as Bush, with succulent leaves having a lot of moisture content. Leaves are arranged in a rosette pattern.
There are many types of aloe like Aloe vera, Aloe Littoralis, Aloe Barbedensis, Aloe Squarossa, Aloe Virdiflora. Aloe vera is normally used in the medicinal practices. The leaf of juice contains the phytochemicals such as Anthroquinones, Resins, Polysaccharides and Aloktinepi. The yellow coloured latex is called as “Moosambaram”.
Aloe vera benefits for skin
Aloe plays a vital role in manufacturing of all the cosmetics. The juice of aloe balances the moisture content of the skin and cures the skin diseases.
1. Aloe offers innumerable benefits to skin and hair. The anti bacterial and anti microbial properties in aloe, reduces the pimple, acne, and black spots. Aloe gel shall be applied on the pimple, healing acne scars effectively.
2. It reduces the irritation on the skin and renders a cooling effect on skin. It rejuvenates the tissues and moisturizes. It is applicable for all types of skin. It helps getting rid of the wrinkles, refreshes the skin and helps to maintain the skin young and glowing. The scar marks will be reduced remarkably by aloe.
3. The black marks, scars, sun burns, dry skin can be treated by using Aloe daily.
4. If we apply the juice of Aloe at the night and wash it with warm water in the morning, the darkness will be reduced and the skin will glow.
5. The aloe gel is applied on face to moisturize dry skin and keeps the skin supple. After applying aloe vera and soaked it for some time and after washing that if we apply makeup it will last for long time.
6. The skin turns black while it is exposed to sun for a long time. Sometimes black marks and change in skin colour will happen. Excessive exposure of the skin to sun may cause skin cancer. Therefore whenever we go out, applying moisturizer is essential. In that case aloe vera gel is an excellent moisturizer to prevent sun tan. 7. The aloe along with its skin and the raw turmeric can be ground together and applied to face, neck, hands and legs. It can be washed after few hours with the foam of fenugreek. It is very effective in removing suntan and for promoting a glowing even complexion devoid of dark patches. If we comb the hair after applying aloe, the hair will remain as it is. It will cool the body.
Aloe vera benefits for hair
1. In the protection and maintenance of hair, aloe is used to keep the hair color and stimulates the hair growth.
2. Aloe Vera is an excellent remedy for treating dandruff and other problems of scalp.
3. Coconut oil and the aloe gel is boiled together and applied on scalp to induce hair growth. If taken as oil bath it will provide a soothing effect to eye and acts as a sedative.
4. Aloe Vera gel containing anti-inflammatory properties cures baldness and reduces hairloss.
5. The aloe gel is boiled with oil and the oil is massaged on the scalp to increase the hair growth.
Health benefits of aloe vera
The medicinal properties exists mostly in the matured plant even though there are many colors like pale green, light green and dark green in the plant is available in nature.
1. The wounds that are happened while men shave, can be instantly cured by using aloe. The instant doctor for treating burns caused by fire is none other than Aloe.
2. The aloe gel can cure the eye disorders and irritations.
3. Aloe gel along with the castor oil can be boiled together and one tea spoon has to be taken internally daily twice in the morning and evening. It will reduce the body heat and keeps the skin glowing. It cures the constipation and the leaves the liver healthy.
4. Aloe vera penetrates into the skin faster than water. It contains vitamin C, B and minerals. It contains the fat reducing protein called collagen and resulting in reduction of wrinkles and aged look of the skin. The oil regulates the menstrual cycles in women. But it will abort the pregnancy.
5. If taken internally, the stomach ulcers and all the stomach related disorders will be cured.
6. Aloe gel, soaked and ground fenugreek, garlic pieces are boiled in castor oil and filtered. A tea spoon of this oil is taken internally in the morning or before going to bed to reduce body heat and gain weight. It helps cure gonorrhea.
7. Stretch marks will appear if there is increase in weight and during pregnancy. It is very difficult to cure the marks. But aloe is applied and massaged for some time on the stretch marks for eliminating traces of them.
Now we can say that aloe vera is a good friend for the youngsters. Is that not? So let us grow an aloe in every home.
Dermatologists say that they see more problems related to over-cleansing than to anything else. Because of all the cleansers and exfoliating products on the market, many people think they need to “super-clean” their faces. According to dermatologists, the rule of thumb is to use a cleanser only when necessary. Most cleansers cause dryness that leaves the skin unprotected and more vulnerable to irritation and infection. Even people who feel they have oily skin should avoid using cleansers and other products that cause dryness. Alcohol-based cleansers are some of the worst but there are other “bad” ingredients. Whenever possible, just use plain warm water and a clean soft cloth for washing your face. Occasionally, you can use a deep cleansing mask. But you should exfoliate no more than once a month. Daily cleansers with exfoliating beads are popular but not a good choice.
After every bath or shower, you should moisturize your whole body. People with oilier complexions don’t like this piece of advice but it helps to keep the skin healthy, beautiful, and more youthful looking. One of the keys to being satisfied with your moisturizer is to choose one that contains the right ingredients. Plant-based oils such as grape seed or olive oil are better choices than petroleum-based ingredients like mineral oil and petrolatum. They also smell better naturally. Plant-based oils are quickly absorbed because they are more similar to the oils produced by the skin. They do not leave a greasy feeling. They simply leave the skin feeling and looking smoother.
Get Some Sun
A little bit of sun helps relieve many skin conditions, including acne and psoriasis. It also gives you vitamin D. However, too much sun exposure increases your risk of wrinkles, dark spots, and skin cancer. There are many benefits to sunshine but check with your dermatologist to determine how much time you can safely spend out in the sun. If you are fair-skinned, spend about 10 minutes a day in the sun. If you have darker skin, you can stay out a little longer. Check with your dermatologist to find out how long you can safely stay out in the sun
Eat More Antioxidant-Rich Foods
Antioxidant-rich foods help to protect your skin from the inside out. All fruits and vegetables are good sources of antioxidants. Salmon provides a unique antioxidant called astaxanthin that seems to be particularly beneficial for your skin. You might also consider taking some good dietary supplements. Your skin is an organ of your body. With good nutrition and gentle skincare products, you can have flawless and “perfect” skin.
1. You eat diet food
One of the most common reasons you’re not losing weight could be that the healthy food you’re eating every day might not be as healthy as it appears. Diet food like low fat, low carb and low calorie foods are typically super processed and have tons of preservatives, sugar, sodium and suspicious ingredients that are not what you want to be feeding yourself. Focus on eating clean, whole foods when you can and limit your intake of diet foods.
2. Your portion sizes are distorted
I’ll admit it; I make this diet mistake often. I don’t take the time to measure out portions when I eat or I inflate the portion sizes. Measuring out your food all the time can be a hassle but it helps control how much you eat and ensures that you’re getting the appropriate amount of specific foods. Take the time to measure your portions so you can keep track of how much you eat and help your body realize when you’re full.
3. You're not getting enough sleep
Life gets busy. It’s bad enough we barely have enough time to work out but working in enough time to sleep can be a challenge as well! If you’re having trouble seeing results in your weight loss and you frequently skip out on sleep, your sleeping habits could be to blame. When we don’t get enough sleep, it can affect our ability to control our appetite and it can stimulate the release of a hormone that increases the appetite, according to Dr. Lisa Shives of Northshore Sleep Medicine.
4. You eat nutrition bars as snacks
Nutrition bars aren’t all inherently bad but there are some brands that are just fancy candy bars in healthy-looking wrapping. Even if you choose nutrition bars that are wholesome and nutritious, many of them are pretty high in calories and aren’t meant to be eaten as a snack. If you’re looking for a portable snack, think trail mix, fruit, nuts or air popped popcorn, which are high in nutrients and lower in calories.
5. You don't read labels
Another one of the things that keep you overweight is when you don’t read labels. Some foods are packaged with statements containing diet buzzwords like low fat or natural, but if you take a look at the nutrition facts and list of ingredients, it’s not the case! Some foods mislead us to think we’re eating healthy when they're filled with unwanted ingredients like sugar, sodium and trans-fats.
6. Your meals lack produce
Lacking enough fresh fruits and vegetables is another possible culprit of a weight loss roadblock. Experts recommend eating about 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies a day and studies show that those whose meals contain lots of veggies are more likely to lose weight and keep it off. The great thing about eating a lot of veggies is that you can eat more of them; they’re high in vitamins and minerals and low in calories.
7. You eat fast
This is another diet mistake I make, finishing my meals too quickly! Trying to work through your lunch break and only having a limited time to eat can make this bad habit worse. There are absolutely no health benefits to eating fast and you can end up feeling bloated, overstuffed and you can end up eating way more food than you planned. Practice pausing between bites and savoring you food to avoid this diet pitfall.
8. You drink alcohol often
Drinking alcohol often is another one of the things that keep you overweight. Drinking wine or other alcoholic beverages on occasion is fine. But if you frequently have a drink with dinner or indulge in happy hour cocktails a few times a week, it can be sabotaging all of your hard work! Feel free to indulge on occasion but be sure to count the drinks as part of your overall calorie intake.
9. You skip meals
Sometimes we skip meals without meaning to, but if you skip meals in order to save calories, it can end up working against you. Research shows that people who eat less than three meals a day end up consuming more calories throughout the day than those who eat regularly. Set a timer if you have to, but if you’re really serious about losing weight, make meals a priority!
10. You drink sodas
I used to be so addicted to soda that I couldn’t imagine going a few hours without my refreshing drink. Then, I realized that my daily fizzy drink was doing me absolutely no favors so I quit. As hard as it was, I realized that I was drinking a nutritionally void drink that had some undesirable long term effects. Even calorie-free diet sodas can cause bigger waistlines, health problems and ruin your teeth from all the acidity!
Did any of these weight loss roadblocks sound familiar to you? I’ve been there and while we try our best to eat healthy, we’re human and we can make mistakes. If you found yourself agreeing to some of these diet pitfalls, don’t get discouraged! You can easily correct the mistakes and get back on track. Can you think of other ways your weight loss could be stalling?
Selain membantu memperlancar pencernaan. pisang juga dapat membuat kulit jadi lebih halus, mulus, serta menyembuhkan jerawat. Caranya: kupas 100 gram pisang dan hancurkan, tambahkan 1 sdt madu, kemudian maskerkan secara rutin setiap minggunya.
Lebih baik jangan keburu membuang kantung teh yang baru saja diseduh. Simpan dan kenakan sebagai masker mata pada malam harinya. Biarkan saja hingga semalaman, sehingga saat Anda bangun tidur maka mata akan lebih fresh serta kantung mata perlahan pudar.
Biasanya garam kristal digunakan untuk mengasinkan ikan, namun jika Anda mencampurkan garam dalam air hangat dan digunakan sebagai berendam, maka khasiatnya akan meredakan otot yang lelah. Otot tubuh akan lebih rileks, tidur lebih nyenyak, dan kulit Anda akan lebih segar keesokan harinya.
Mendambakan kulit bersih? Manfaatkan saja jeruk nipis dari dapur Anda. Jeruk nipis ini berperan sebagai astringent yang melembabkan, menyegarkan serta membantu pori-pori agar lebih kecil. Selain itu, kandungan vitamin C-nya dapat membantu mencerahkan kulit.
Baik diminum maupun dipakai sebagai masker, madu sangat baik khasiatnya. Untuk dikonsumsi, tuang madu pada segelas air hangat dan diminum setiap hari. Anda juga dapat mencampurkan 1 sdm madu pada setiap masker wajah Anda.
Rambut juga butuh perawatan yang tak dapat merawat sekaligus melembabkan. Nah, kali ini Anda bisa mencoba manfaat dari santan untuk melembabkan setiap helai rambut. Setelah berkeramas, pijatkan santan kental pada batang rambut untuk merawat rambut yang kering, pecah-pecah dan bercabang.
Setelah menuang kopi di cangkir, biasanya ada sisa ampasnya, kan? Jangan buang ampas tersebut namun pakai sebagai scrub pada telapak tangan atau kaki. Niscaya kulit pada bagian itu akan lebih halus, serta sel-sel kulit mati dapat terangkat.
Selain baik untuk jantung, oatmeal yang tinggi serat ini dapat menghaluskan serta mengencangkan kulit wajah. Campur oatmeal dengan madu, kenakan sebagai masker dan nikmati manfaatnya setiap minggu.
Kentang efektif untuk mengusir noda-noda hitam di wajah. Caranya mudah, massagekan kentang yang sudah di parut dan biarkan sebagai masker. Lakukan seminggu sekali dan amati perubahan kulit wajah Anda.
Campurkan gula palem dengan olive oil dan madu, gunakan sebagai scrub yang ringan dan lembut. Jangan menggosok kulit terlalu keras, terutama di daerah kulit sensitif, sehingga masker ini dapat bekerja dengan lebih maksimal.
Panas dari sinar matahari bisa menyebabkan kulit kering, sinar UV juga bisa merusak jaringan kulit, menjadikannya kehilangan elastisitas. Selalu gunakan sunblock dengan SPF minimal 20 saat akan terpapar sinar matahari.
Perawatan malam hari
Kulit yang bisa bernafas dengan baik dan cukup nutrisi akan dengan sendirinya elastis dan bersinar. Jangan lupa membersihkan wajah dan memberikan night cream sesaat sebelum tidur.
Cukup minum air
Cukupi cairan tubuh agar kulit bisa mempertahankan elastisitasnya. Tidak lain caranya adalah dengan memenuhi kebutuhan air tubuh, minum setidaknya delapan gelas air per hari. Anda juga bisa mengonsumsi buah-buahan tinggi air secara rutin untuk menyegarkan kulit.
Scrub atau peeling
Sel kulit mati harus disingkirkan agar kulit bisa bernafas dengan baik, dan ini butuh bantuan Anda untuk menghilangkannya. Lakukan scrub atau peeling secara berkala (2-4 minggu sekali) untuk mengikis kulit mati.
Vitamin E dan omega-3
Selain air, lemak juga dibutuhkan untuk menjaga kulit tetap lembab dan elastis. Penuhi kebutuhan lemak ini dari minyak esensial yang baik untuk kesehatan dan menunjang perbaikan dan pertumbuhan kulit, yaitu vitamin E dan omega-3.